There are comment sections on most pages of this website (www.everydaylanguage.net).
Anyone is welcome to comment. However, to keep this website a fun, friendly and welcoming place I’ve made a few ground rules and guidelines for commenting.
The basic principle is simple – treat people with respect and be polite.
The comment section of this website is for:
- Sharing your thoughts and responses to episodes of the podcast or articles on the site.
- Practising your English by writing comments
- Chatting and having discussions with other listeners or readers
- Sharing links to things that are relevant to the article or podcast
Comments that match any of the following criteria are not allowed:
- Comments advocating anything illegal
- Comments using rude, or unnecessarily harsh language
- Comments that are spam or appears to be written primarily to post a link or advertise (if you have a blog ask me first for linking).
- Contains copyrighted material not licensed for distribution on the site
- Contains pictures or videos of others used without their permission.
- Incites hatred – I will ban users for writing things that are meant to put others down.
These guidelines are not meant to be an exhaustive list. If comments are not respectful and polite, then they could be deleted.
I don’t want there to be bitter arguments, name calling or anything worse on this website. It’s fine to disagree with something you have read or heard, but there is no need to be rude. Please be as courteous and nice as you would be in real life.
At the moment all comments are pre-moderated which means they are checked before comments appear on the website.
Thanks for reading.